Do you know the signs and symptoms of ongoing gum disease? Gum disease, also known as periodontal disease, is an extremely common, yet destructive oral infection to your gum tissue. Gum disease is produced by a variety of factors, including plaque buildup within our mouths, that if left untreated, can steadily damage your gums and cause irreparable tooth loss.
Prevent gum disease from destroying your smile by keeping track of the following indicators that may be taking place:
– Do you suffer from frequent bouts of halitosis (bad breath) no matter how often you brush and floss?
– Do your gums straightforwardly bleed when eating food or brushing and flossing?
– Do you have delicate gums that appear swollen, tender to the touch, or are red and bleeding?
– Do you regularly partake in bad habits for your oral health such as smoking or chewing tobacco, or using drugs?
– Does it look like your gums are pulling back away from your teeth, divulging more of their roots?
– Have you been given any medications that list gum disease as a potential side effect?
– Do you have very loose teeth that feel wobbly?
Always make time in your life to visit your dentist at Family and Cosmetic Dentistry for a bi-annual professional cleaning, and if necessary, book an appointment with Dr. Michael Tobola for a detailed exam of your oral health to check for signs of gum disease. You can reach our dentist office in Auburn Hills, Michigan, by calling us at 248-852-8766. Let us help you get a whiter, brighter smile today!