In order to ensure your smile has the best chance of success this holiday season against any oral health ailments that can arise, it is important to maintain effective cleaning and lifestyle habits, routine checkups and examinations by your dentist, and any other effective techniques you can use and employ to keep your smile safe.
One particular condition you’ll need to be aware of is bad breath, also known as halitosis. Listed below are a few treatment and prevention tips to help successfully combat the disorder:
– A useful treatment for bad breath includes making sure your mouth always has plenty of saliva.
– Always be sure to clean your dentures on a nightly basis in a denture-cleaning solution to help keep them safe from the risks that can arise, including harmful bacteria known for producing bad breath.
– Bacteria linked to plaque buildup is more likely to cause bad breath if it lingers between your teeth and gums for extended periods of time, and must be extracted on a daily basis with brushing and flossing.
– If you suffer from bad breath, it is imperative to visit your dentist for routine check-ups and oral examinations.
– After eating, use mouthwash to help eliminate bacteria and neutralize any harmful acids in your mouth that can contribute to bad breath.
– Stay away from unhealthy habits such as chewing or smoking tobacco.
– Your tongue can often house bad breath bacteria, so it should always be cleaned with a toothbrush or tongue scraper.
Our team at Family and Cosmetic Dentistry looks forward to enhancing your smile with bad breath prevention. To book an appointment at our dentist office in Auburn Hills, Michigan, please contact Dr. Michael Tobola, Dr. K. Tracy Grindling, or Dr. Kyle Grindling at 248-852-8766.